The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 notification has been released by the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM) on the official website www.iimcat.ac.in
The process of registration for CAT 2018 will commence from 8th August 2018 on the above mentioned website.
This year the CAT examination will be held on 25th November 2018 i.e Sunday in two sessions across 147 centers in India.
Important dates for CAT 2018 are as follows:-
- Online Registrations starts on – 8th August 2018
- Last date to apply Online – 19th September 2018 by 5:00 PM
- Admit cards will be available for Download from – 24th October – 25th November
- CAT 2018 Exam Date – 25th November 2018
- CAT 2018 Results – 2nd week of January (Tentative)
What after CAT exams?
- Once qualified, CAT opens doors for 20 IIMs and 100 other top B-Schools that include FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon etc. The qualified students are further filtered on the basis of their performance in GD/PI/WAT.
- CAT will be a computer-based exam
- Approx 2 Lakh candidates are expected to fill the form for 5000 seats in the IIMs.
- Except the IIMs there are another 30 Top B Schools that accept CAT scores.
- The application fee this year will be INR 1,900 for general category and INR 950 for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
- There is no age limit to appear in CAT.
The computer-based test will comprise of 100 objective-type questions which will be in both multiple-choice (MC) and non-multiple-choice (non-MC) forms that have to be answered in three hours.
So,Aspirants always remember “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful”. Gear up and start preparing for your exam. All the very best for CAT!!!