With CAT 2018 just around the corner, all the CAT Aspirants are burning mid night oil. It is but natural that it would be a nervy moment for all taking this examination. Hours, Days and Months of practice would boil down to how they perform on a single day more precisely in three hours i.e. 25th November 2018.
“Here are the Top 5 last minutes tips for the upcoming CAT 2018” which will help the sailing of this examination become smoother for the aspirants:
- Don’t Panic and have no regrets – When we take an examination like CAT, it is but natural to be anxious and press the panic button as we near the D-Day. This is where our mental toughness plays an important role. We need to keep our emotions under control and stay positive. Another common problem that erupts at this stage is the fear of missing out on some key topics. Studying anything new at this point of time would be a total wastage of time. Therefore, a much better idea will be to only revise the topics we’ve studied earlier.
- Take Online tests and analyse them – Probably this is the most important step as of now. As all of us know and appreciate that taking an online test is much different from taking a paper-pencil test, it is advisable to take at least 5-6 full length tests a week and analyse them well. This will help us identify the areas where we need to do some brushing up. It is imperative to take these tests in the forenoon or afternoon timings as per the actual timings of CAT, so that the body gets into the habit of performing at its best at that particular time slot.
- Manage your time intelligently – If the aspirants taking CAT are asked to take CAT with no time limit, everyone will undoubtedly score very well. It’s about solving the questions under a strict time limit. Thus, Time Management becomes an essential thing. Devising a time efficient strategy coupled with speed and accuracy will help us solve maximum number of questions.
- Solve previous years’ question papers – Solving previous years’ question papers will not only instil confidence but will also give a sense of satisfaction towards the credibility of our preparation. It will also make us realise that we belong to the league.
- Relax and take a chill-pill – At the outset, this would seem to be an ill-advice. The question that comes to our mind is “How can one relax 10 days before such an important exam?” CAT 2018 preparation has taken a toil on our body both mentally and physically. The relentless efforts taken by us has finally got to be delivered soon. In such a situation, it’s even more important to relax a bit. Our brain and body needs rest to perform at its optimum. Cramping up our brain with new concepts just before an exam makes it function worse. Just before the exam you need to “Work Smart” and strike a balance between working and relaxing, so that it goes all guns blazing on the D-Day.
So, dear CAT 2018 Aspirants, please keep the above in mind as you get ready for the final struggle. May the Almighty bless each one of you and shower his benevolence. Good Luck and God Bless!