CAT 2018 is finally over. Days and Months of labor and practice has been sealed online and now we anxiously wait for the 2nd Week of January,2019.
The most common question arising in the mind of CAT 2018 aspirants is what next? This is a crucial time for the aspirants in two regards. The first being preparation for Group Discussion, Personal Interview, Written Ability Test and the Second appearing for other Management Entrance Exams.
One of the basic principles of Corporate Finance is ‘Always hedge your Risk’ and this is what is needed now. Students now need to apply (If already not done) to other major Management Entrance Exams in India and take those tests.
Below are listed some of the Major Management Entrance exams that students can take.
- XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test): XAT 2019 will be an online test conducted on Sunday, January 6, 2019. XLRI conducts XAT on behalf of XAMI. For more than 60 years XLRI is conducting XAT at all India level to select the most appropriate students for management education. The XAT score is being used by more than 150 institutes for the admission.
XAT registration closes on 30th November 2018. For further information aspirants can visit www.xatonline.in
- SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Online test): Symbiosis National Aptitude Online test 2018 is the gateway to join MBA programmes offered by 15 Institutes of the Symbiosis International (Deemed University). An aspirant needs to register for SNAP test and also register for the institutes separately by paying additional registration fees.
The test for SNAP will be conducted on 16th December 2018 and the last date of registration is 26th November 2018. For further information aspirants can visit www.snaptest.org
- CMAT (Common Management Admission test): CMAT is a National level entrance exam conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It is a three-hour online test conducted in a single session. The major difference between CMAT and CAT is that it includes a section of General Awareness.
The test for CMAT will be conducted on 28th January,2019 and the last date of registration is 07th December 2018. For further information aspirants can visit www.acite-cmat.in
- MAH CET: MAH CET 2019 is an online test for admission to MBA/MMS courses in over 300 Maharashtra MBA Colleges. It is 150 minutes test consisting of 200 MCQ and has no negative marking.
The official notification is expected in the 2nd week of January 2019 and the test is expected to be conducted in the 2nd week of March 2019.
- MAT (Management Aptitude test): MAT is being administered since 1988 to facilitate B schools to screen candidates for admission to MBA and other allied programmes. However, MAT got its official recognition as a National Level test in 2003. MAT is conducted 4 times a year viz. February, May, September and December. MAT is available both as an Online and a Paper pencil test. Aspirants have the option of taking either Online or Paper Pencil test or Both.
The Paper based test will be conducted on 09thDecember,2018 and the Online test would be conducted on 15th December 2018. The registration for the paper based test will close on 30th November 2018 and for the Online test on 07th December,2018
So, dear aspirants, these are some options available after CAT but along with considering these options we need to gear up our inter personal skills as well. Going through current affairs is a very important thing as of now. We need to remember clearing the written test of CAT is only the tip of the Ice berg. Preparing for the second phase of evaluation is exigent.
We, at Cf Patna are raring to go full-fledged towards training aspirants for the second phase of evaluation for CAT. We are planning extensive GD/PI/ WAT/ Image Management sessions beginning 5thDecember, 2018.
Happy Learning & Good Luck!